Instagram

Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Letter to Rodie

Dear Rodie,

It's the last night I'll be spending time with you. It's the last night I'll be seeing you walking around the house. I know you're very weak now and you're trying hard to bear with the pain. I know.

I still remember the first day, mummy and daddy brought you home I was so excited to see you as I was told that you're a fluffier and cuter than any of your siblings. I'm truly sorry that when you first came home, they put you on my lap but I couldn't stand the ticklishness, in the end I told them to take you away from me before I drop you on the ground. Now, I wish I can cuddle you like how I used to cuddle you before all this happens.

Besides that, I still remember as you grew older, you used to pee around the house compound. Grandma said, that's how you mark your territory. Till now, you still do the same, little boy. I used to whack you on your butt for being so naughty as I've to clean your mess. Do you remember that?

You were a happy little dog. You wagged your tail whenever I come home, no matter how late it was. You'll come to me and rubbed your body against my leg just because you want me to pat you. Oh boy, you're seriously one cute little fur ball. Rodie, those days when we used to play catching around daddy's car when mummy is washing the garden floor. I swear, those were the great days! You know where I'll be standing by looking under the car. Smart boy.

I regret that I never feed you your favourite treat after your meal because I was too busy with my own stuffs. I used to feed you two milk treats whenever you finish your meal, and you greedy little boy will ask for more. Fur boy, I won't be able to feed you anymore. But promise me, you'll not forget me ok? And I'll not forget you too.

There are too many great memories with you. Knowing that you're growing old day by day, getting weaker and weaker just haunts me down. My heart aches every time I see you slump on the floor. Your legs couldn't support you anymore and you're in a deep pain, I know. Every time when you look at me, I know you wanted to tell me something. Sorry for not knowing what you're trying to say. But I want you to know, I love you, Rodie boy. You're a part of the family since I was 10 years old, a little brother for 12 years! ;(

I do not know where will you be after this. Anyhow, I believe you'll be in a better place with Girl Girl, right? You guys will be reuniting soon. I don't know whether the decision is right or wrong, but we don't want you to suffer from the pain anymore. Your body is getting thinner and thinner and every time I pat your head and brush my hand across your body, tears just couldn't stop flowing down.

Rodie, I will not forget the memories you left me and thanks for being there for me and for the family. I too will not forget the happy moments with you although you're so naughty and you sometimes behaved like a pain in the ass. I wish you could now run around once again, be the naughty little doggy you used to be than lying on the ground bearing the pain. Why won't you be strong, boy?

I love you, Rodie. I know after tonight I won't be seeing you anymore. But you'll always be in my mind and in my heart. I'll try to stay strong even though you won't be by my side to disturb me and annoy me anymore.

You'll be dearly missed, my 12 years companion. Thank you for everything!


May you be in a better place with the Lord beside you. 
And have fun with the other dogs, my little brother. 

Send my regards to Girl Girl, and tell her I miss her too! ;)

IN MEMORIES OF RODIE
YEAR 2002 - 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment